SCALE™-2 Technology, highest integration level Ultra-compact, high-quality 8A gate current and 2 x 1 W output power
This product is available with Conformal Coating
2SC0108T is a new SCALE-2 dual-driver core that combines compact design and high reliability with broad applicability. The 2SC0108T drives all usual IGBT modules up to 600 A /1200 V or 450 A / 1700 V. Embedded paralleling allows simple inverter design even at higher power ratings. Multi-level topologies are also supported.
Advantages of the Technology
The 2SC0108T is our most compact driver core available for industrial applications, with a footprint of only 45 x 34.3 mm and profile of 16 mm. The SCALE-2 chipset reduces the component count by up to 80% compared to conventional solutions, thus significantly increasing reliability and reducing costs.
The 2SC0108T combines a complete two-channel driver core with all components required for driving, such as an isolated DC/DC converter, short-circuit protection as well as supply voltage monitoring. Each of the two output channels is electrically isolated from the primary side and the other secondary channel.
An output current of 8 A and 1 W drive power is available per channel, making the 2SC0108T a suitable choice for universal usage in small and medium power applications. The driver provides a gate voltage swing of +15 V / –8 V. The turn-on voltage is regulated to maintain a stable 15 V regardless of the output power level.
Excellent EMC performance enables safe and reliable operation even in demanding industrial applications.
Driving Parallel-Connected IGBTs
The driver allows direct parallel connection of any number of IGBT modules with individual drivers. This new, pioneering concept makes it practical for the first time to build converter series with discrete modules as well as parallel-connected IGBTs without any significant additional development effort.
- SCALE™-2+ chip set
- This product is available with Conformal Coating
- New Pin length for 2mm PCB's (2.54mm; 3.1mm; 5.84mm)
- New pins for hand-, wave-and selective soldering processes
- RoHS versions available: 2SC0108T2F1-17, 2SC0108T2G0-17, 2SC0108T2H0-17
- All with EMC improved technology
- 100% downward compatible
- Ultra-compact solution
- Blocking voltages up to 1700V
- Switching frequency up to 50kHz
- Very short delay time of <100ns
- Small jitter of ±2ns
- Gate current ±8A
- +15V (regulated)/-8V gate driving
- Interface for 3.3V...15V logic level
- Direct and half-bridge modes
- Embedded paralleling capability
- 2-level and multilevel topologies
- IGBT short-circuit protection
- Isolated DC/DC converter
- 2 x 1W output power
- Supply under-voltage lockout
- Safe isolation to EN50178
- UL Recognized Component
- RoHS versions available
- Superior EMC
- Reliable, long service life
- Footprint: 45mm x 34.3mm
- No change in electrical and mechanical performance
|2SC0108T2D0-07||650V, ACL pin, -40°C...85°C, increased EMI immunity||End of Life||650||Any|
|2SC0108T2D0-12||1200V, ACL pin, -40°C...85°C, increased EMI immunity||Active||1200||Any|
|2SC0108T2F1-17||1200V-1700V, pin length 5.84mm, -40°C...85°C, lead free, increased EMI immunity, soft shut down||Active||1700||Any|
|2SC0108T2G0-17||1200V-1700V, pin length 3.1mm, -40°C...85°C, lead free, increased EMI immunity, soft shut down||Active||1700||Any|
|2SC0108T2H0-17||1200V-1700V, pin length 2.54mm, -40°C...85°C, lead free, increased EMI immunity, soft shut down||Active||1700||Any|