Optical I/O Interface
Dynamic Advanced Active Clamping (DAAC)
Applied double-sided Conformal Coating
The SCALE-2 ASIC chipset uses sophisticated digital control techniques to reduce component count by as much as 85% compared with conventional solutions, significantly increasing reliability.
The 1SP0351 single-channel plug-and-play gate driver is based on the SCALE-2 chip set. It is optimized for operation of 4500 V Press-Pack IGBT power modules from manufacturers such as Toshiba, Westcode and ABB.
The gate driver features optical interfaces and a built-in DC/DC power supply with basic isolation. Enhanced level of protection is provided by implemented short-circuit monitoring.
Power Integrations’ Dynamic Advanced Active Clamping allows an extended DC-link voltage range in IGBT off-state for up to 60 s.
Highly Integrated, Compact Footprint
- Sophisticated digital control in custom mixed signal ASIC
- Ready-to-use gate driver solution optimized for Press-Pack IGBTs with 4500 V blocking voltage
- Single channel gate driver
- Optical interface
- ±50 A peak output gate current
- 1.8 W output power at maximum ambient temperature
- -40 °C to +85 °C operating ambient temperature
Protection and Safety Features
- Undervoltage lock-out (UVLO) protection for primary-side (low voltage side) and secondary-side (high voltage side)
- Power semiconductor short-circuit protection
- Dynamic Advanced Active Clamping (DAAC) with dv/dt-feedback
- Applied double sided conformal coating
Full Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- 100% production partial discharge test for DC/DC-transformer
- 100% production HIPOT compliance testing at 10.2 kVRMS for DC/DC-transformer
- Clearance and creepage distances between primary and secondary side meet requirements for basic isolation according to IEC 61800-5-1
- Medium voltage drives
- Railway main inverters
- Other industrial applications